Xcode editor extension debugging not working?

I recently updated to Xcode 8.3.1, and I'm trying to make a change to my Xcode Editor Extension "JSON to Swift Converter" (found here: https://github.com/mrlegowatch/JSON-to-Swift-Converter).

When I run the extension for debugging purposes, the "test" Xcode (the one with the gray image in its Welcome to Xcode window) doesn't appear to load the latest version of my extension. The source Xcode (the one with the normal image) indicates that the "test" Xcode is running, but it has two "Attaching" status messages that never go away in addition to two "Running" status messages. When I try to run the extension from the Editor menu, it runs an older version of the extension.

Some things I've tried:

• I first noticed the problem with the Xcode 8.3 update. It subsequently reproduced in the 8.3.1 update.
  • I rebooted my Mac after installing each Xcode update.
  • I had and removed a copy of the extension's embedding application from the Applications folder.
  • I've used "Clean" on both targets.
  • I changed version of the extension to 1.1 and modified the menu command with extra characters, so I could notice if it gets loaded, but the menu command does not change in the "test" Xcode.
  • I have breakpoints set, and sometimes the source Xcode either doesn't stop at the breakpoints, or it stops but does not step in a logical fashion (it appears to be stepping as if it's an older build, from an older version of the same source file).

Has anyone else run into a problem like this? Is there a troubleshooting resource for debugging editor extensions? I'm feeling a bit stumped.

Replies

>I've used "Clean" on both targets.

Rarely useful.

Instead, use the Product menu w/the option key pressed and choose to 'clean build folder'.