No update frames options when aligning constraints

When I add new constraints for a text field, label, etc, there is no option to update frames below all of the alignment constraint options. So, I cannot, for instance, select "None", or "All Frames in Container" before adding the constraint. How do I make Update Frames appear so I can select an option?

Replies

Not sure I understand your point.

Upodate frame appear only if the constraints are not consistent with the display in IB.

So, if you move the view by one pixel, in any direction, update frame will be enabled.

Does it answer your question ?

i got the same problem in the ElementQuiz lesson, any second lesson has problems, so that course of Apple is crap till it´s updated...

i would like to help you, but i cannot understand it because of the named problems...

i also can´t see the "Update Frames" button, my choices are all others. I see the "selcted Views", but nothing like update frames, so i´m bored to get further when you need help every 2 lessons, thats not the way i like and i bet not the way that apple want to go....

Hope for better datas soon and hope you got help from someone who knows it.

I think I have the same problem. I'm going through "Build a Basic UI" lesson by Apple, in "Adopt Auto Layout" chapter, point 7, in my Xcode 9.4.9 I clik on "Add new constraints" but there is no Update Frames pop-up menu. There is any solution for this problem?

Did you see the answer of may 2017 ?

Sure, I moved view but nothing happened

You have to move a view for which you had defined constraints (such as align trailing to another object and then move horizontally) : update frame and / or update constraints should be activated.