When I use SKStoreReviewController,the button of submit is can not work?Can you tell me why?

When I use SKStoreReviewController,the button of submit is can not work?Can you tell me why?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of fanjikong Down vote post of fanjikong
7.8k views
  • It looks like once a time is allowed to send app's review. I'm not sure, but would be nice if someone confirm this suppose. .

Add a Comment

Replies

Because there is no guarantee that the SKStoreReviewController will actually appear. It will apparently only appear a maximum of 3 times a year per app, and users will have a master kill switch to prevent it from appearing at all.

Are you saying that the alert is showing up asking the user to provide a review, and that the submit button isn't working there? If so, that sounds like a bug to me (i.e. the OS decided it's OK to show the alert but it's not responding). Are you seeing this only in a debug build of the app?

Hi we are seeing the same behaviour in our apps (release builds on the store in both Swift and Objective C). The review prompt appears as expected and when the submit button (which is enabled and blue) is clicked it temporarily turns grey then blue again and the review modal does not dismiss unless cancel is clicked. Tested on multiple devices and iTunes accounts with same behaviour. Filed radar rdar://31439598.

For me the submit button always appears grey (disabled), so no user interaction is possible.

A status update on this would be helpful. Thanks

We saw this exact behaviour with an App Store version as well and the reason was that this was one of our test devices which had a sandbox user logged into the App Store account in the iOS settings.

I also see this behaviour in my app. Any news about the issue?

The dialog shows up fine and you can press the stars. But nothing happens when the user push the "Send" button.

Our users also reported this issue. After investigation, I found it was a bug in StoreKit. Basically, Users who haven't setup App Store nick names can not submit reviews through StoreKit (SKStoreReviewController). This usually happens for users to submit their first reviews. On App Store, a Nick Name dialog will be popped up to users who haven't nick names, but it doesn't pops up through StoreKit. I have reported this bug to Apple.

This problem still exist ,It is a bug or just design to be this .Honestly I still can not find any documents say that the submit button should be gray(disable) while testing the app.

I realy hope you can reply this, Thank you very much .

Have you heard any update on this? Would be great to know if there are plans to fix.

I see this problem too on some users of my App. Users who have this behaviour also cannot write a review, with the system saying you must own it. I believe these users were some early ones that I gave promotional copies to. I am getting ratings, so it must be working for other users.