Xcode 8.3: Uploading an App to the App Store fails with a strange error message

I've just upgraded to the final version of XCode 8.3 and used it to upload an App to the AppStore. After the upload was completed, I got the following error message:

Interesting that 8.2 is actually considered to be larger than 10.3 ;-)

Is there a way to fix this? In my case it affects only the watch App for watchOS 1.0, and I guess there are not many users left still using watchOS 1.0, so it is probabyl safe to remove this watch App and only keep the native watchApp for watchOS 2 and newer.

But because it looks like XCode or iTunesConnect are doing a string comparison instead of comparing numbers, I suspect that this issue can show up onother occasions as well.

This was never an issue before (using XCode 8.2).

Replies

We're not allowed to share/view screenshots here, so you need to copy/paste whatever message it is you're asking for help with.

The same problem.

We have the same problem.

Same problem here too with XCode 8.3. Yesterday uploads worked fine with the same XCode version. Now it fails.

Same problem as others; I've been uploading builds in XCode 8.0 without problem until yesterday (March 29), then this error. Updated to XCode 8.3, same issue, so it doesn't seem to be related to XCode version, seems like a problem in iTunesConnect

I have the same issue. Anyone figure out what's going on here?

Okay. My update was successfully uploaded 1 hour ago or so but when I try to submit the update for review, I see the same error in iTunes Connect. It looks like Apple is working on it...

did you ever get this resolved? I still get the same error when I try to submit my app for review.

I can upload now but I can't submit with the same error as well. I tried this morning... no luck.

well, I guess misery loves company 🙂

It looks like Apple fixed it.

Thanks for letting me know!