Test In-App purchase on AdHoc build

Hi,

In the documentation it says you must use a sandbox account when testing In-App purchase using the Sandbox.
But I just noticed that (currently on 10.3 release) the StoreKit popup is saying "Sandbox" even when using a normal account but the app is an AdHoc build.

Is this expected that a normal account also uses the "Sandbox" when running a AdHoc distribution build?

Thanks in advance,

Anders

Replies

Yes - the provisioning profile for the ad hoc build is not a 'production' provisioning profile so StoreKit will direct itself to the sandbox. I believe that the sandbox environment can handle a production user ID just as if it were a sandbox test user.

You should expect this behavior - ad hoc is for testing and you don't want to charge people to test your IAP do you?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of PBK Down vote reply of PBK

I'm perfectly happy with this behavior!

I was reading the documents as only the test account will be using the Sandbox.
But I now see:
"If the text “[Environment: Sandbox]” doesn’t appear, you’re using the production environment. Make sure you’re running a development-signed build of your app. Production-signed builds use the production environment."

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/StoreKitGuide/Chapters/ShowUI.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008267-CH3-SW11

Which indicates that adhoc builds always use the sandbox.

Thanks!

@PBK Hello, what about if you have test department which should test subscription workflow? How to test auto-renew subscription on device of testers which use AdHoc build. Also they want to change auto renew subscribe period over appstoreconnect accout, for control time of testing ?)