Procedure for updating FairPlay Streaming certificate?

Hello.

I want to ask what will the procudures be for updating an FairPlay Streaming certificate

where it's expiration date is close?

Do we have to start all over again, requesting for a new certificate and get a new ASk?

Or will the certificate with extended expiration will be sent and we just have to deploy it?

I want to know the details about it.

Thank you.

Replies

While the Application Certificate does have an expiration date, FPS does not enforce the expiration date at the system level. You should not enforce the expiration date in your FPS aware client or KSM.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of 3ZS Down vote reply of 3ZS

Thank you for the answer.

I want to ask some more questions upon your answer.

1. Can we just ignore the expiration date shown in the FPS certificates?

I do not have any logics on our client nor the KSM that enforces the expiration date.

So even when the FPS certificate expires, the Mac OS/iOS isn't going to throw some error

and the content will be playbacked?

Since I do not have any expired FPS certificate, I can not test that so I am very worried about it.

2. Where can I find about the above fact in the document?

In the document, I couldn't find about the above fact in the document, but could you tell me where it is written?

If not, it would be nice if it will be documented.

Thank you again.

Hi Apple support,

In relations to the response provided "FPS does not enforce the expiration date at the system level."

I also found a similar reply in ttps://forums.developer.apple.com/message/226687

Can you confirm the following?

1) Is there any impact if we continue using the certificate after the expiry date, as long as client or KSM enforces the expiration date?

2) What is the actual procedure to renew a certificate? Do we need to start from scretch by submitting a new CSR via the developer account, does this automatically revoke the old certificate?

Thank you.