Conversion of iPad Application to iPhone Application

I have a iPad app created earlier in Xcode using Objective C language. Is there any way we can design the iPhone app with the help of same code and business logic . I belive only the Storyboard files need to be updated ? Any shortcut way to create the same in a smaller duration of time ? Do we need to design everything from scratch for iPhone ? Any probability of reusability ?

Replies

If you're talking about making a same-as version, only for iPhone, expect pushback during review to make a Universal app, instead.

I would focus the redesign there, but those details can easily hinge on what view controllers, UI flow, etc. you've used, so there may not be a simply recipe/shortcut you can follow, exactly. What you can reuse also depends...fixed size backgrounds - no; audio clips, yes; plist data source, yes; iPad icons and screenshots, no.

This assumes you're not asking how to change the same app from iPad to iPhone-only, in which case we're not allowed to take that type of support away from existing store apps.