FileVault2 Active Directory Password Sync

Hello,

I am currently syncing passwords using a script that was developed by a friend from Google. I am working closely with him to try to figure out a way to sync Active Directory passwords to FileVault2 but it seems everyone is having this issue. Is there no way to sync a users domain password, which they use to authenticate to the network and login, to FileVault?? If not, I feel like this is a bug that should be corrected or at least looking into..

Replies

AD and FileVault and password syncing is always the combination to get into trouble. Take a look at NoMad, it does al the smart syncing, runs in user space, has many options (on top of password syncing) and If I am not mistaken including FileVault and kerberos. Nomad has a very active channel ( #nomad) at the macadmins.org slack.

Have you looked into using NoMAD (https://nomad.menu)? I use it on our organization's macs to keep the user's AD password synced with their keychain and FileVault.

From their site:

Syncing your AD password to your local account, including keeping the user’s local keychain and FileVault passwords in sync.