For iOS 10, userNotificationCenter:didReceiveNotificationResponse:withCompletionHandler: not being called

Hello there,

I am seeing a weird issue where the following function is not being called when my app gets a notification (both local and remote):

func userNotificationCenter(_ center: UNUserNotificationCenter,
                              didReceive response: UNNotificationResponse,
                              withCompletionHandler completionHandler: @escaping () -> Void)

But what makes this even more weird is that the other UNUserNotificationCenterDelegate function is getting called when app is in the foreground and a notification is received:

func userNotificationCenter(_ center: UNUserNotificationCenter,
                               willPresent notification: UNNotification, 
                                  withComtionHandler completionHandler: @escaping (UNNotificationPresentationOptions) -> Voi

I do have the delegate set properly (thats whe the willPresent is getting called properly), but not sure why didReceive is not being called app is in the backgound.

I am getting this following warning in the console though:

Warning: UNUserNotificationCenter delegate received call to -userNotificationCenter:didReceiveNotificationResponse:withCompletionHandler: but the completion handler was never called.

Any help/thoughts/comments will help.

Replies

Can you talk about the conditions involved, such as iOS version, device, being sure to make the call inside 30 sec. etc.?