Sandbox IAP returns Error Domain=SKErrorDomain Code=0 "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" when I change subscription

Hi!

I am working with IAP, and I have a group of two subscriptions: Monthly and yearly. I created a lot of sandbox users in order to test that. When I purchase a subscription it is ok. But when I try to change (monthly to yearly or vice versa) I receive this error:

Error Domain=SKErrorDomain Code=0 "Cannot connect to iTunes Store"

My app receives the error and handle with it, but magically the subscription is signed!!! Is this a sandbox user error? I already created a lot of sandbox users, but it happened with all of them.

Replies

Might want to move this/cross post to theIn-App Purchase forum.

We experience exactly the same error every time, when user tries to switch auto-renewable subscription plan (e.g. from monthly to annual or vice versa). This is very misleading, because subscription type will actually change on renewal.

Also we observed, that if user selects the same plan, that he is currently subscribed to, everything is fine — transaction with state "Purchased" is returned.

Looks like a bug in IAP framework or am I missing something?

After some thinking (and submiting radar ticket #31076086), I realized that this actually might be intended behaviour, because:

1. system popup clearly indicates to the user, that their subscription plan has been changed;
  2. transaction may fail, since user can't be charged before previous plan expires;
  3. it's advised to use following special URL for subscription management.

But even if this is the case, it would be usefl to have some kind of notification about subscription plan chang before next payment. And of course errors could have been much less cryptic, than they are now…

Im seeing the same issue here. I've developed IAP previously and it worked instantly. This time I created an app with IAP, it worked. Waited for a month with finalizations and now all over sudden IAP does not work at all?!

I've tried exactly everything - new certs, new sandbox users, rebuilding the whole IAP part of the app. Nothing works.

This has to be a bug. And it is annoying as **** not being able to fix it whatever I try.

Have you got any response from Apple?

Still I see the same problem, and I wonder if this is sandbox-specific issue or not.

Apple closed the ticket as a duplicate of #29854417, which is still open. So it seems like they acknowledge the problem, but there's no indication, when it will be solved…

> IAP returns Error Domain=SKErrorDomain Code=0 "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" when I change subscription

It occurs in sandbox (Testflight) and production environment to me today.

The bug is not fixed yet ?

(Is it matter the country of app store ? My app is for Japan only now.

What response are you expecting when the user changes their subscription plan? It seems to me that you need some error message coming back because no new purchase is being made.

And regarding getting back something before the subscription renews with the new duration - nothing is final until the purchase is actually made so why do you want something back before expiration/renewal?

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. Is anybody still facing this issue?

Does anybody have a solution to this? How should we handle this error? What action can we take on receiving this error?.