Restoring purchase on production and sandbox "cannot connect to itunes store"

Yesterday my users began complaining about not being able to restore in-app purchases.

They would recieve the "Cannot connect to iTunes" message.

When I call [[SKPaymentQueue defaultQueue] restoreCompletedTransactions];

It gives this error in -(void)paymentQueue:(SKPaymentQueue *)queue restoreCompletedTransactionsFailedWithError:(NSError *)error

error Cannot connect to iTunes Store domain: SKErrorDomain code: 0 userinfo: {

NSLocalizedDescription = "Cannot connect to iTunes Store";

}

This happens both in production and the sandbox.

Replies

I'm also seeing this - any update?

nope

One idea: our distribution certificate expired around the same time the problem started, and I've yet to create a new one - could the same thing have happened to you?

To all,

The failure to perform a restore seems like a bug report issue to me.I'm checking this. In the meantime, please submit a bug report.

To submit a bug report for investigation by iTunesConnect, please use the Apple Developer Bug Report web page - http://bugreport.apple.com

After logging in, select the iTunesConnect Product.

Fill out the bug report form. In the description section - make sure to include the application ID and that this issue is with the production environment as well as with the sandbox.

In the instructions, make sure to provide instructions on how to make the in app purchase as well as how to restore purchases.

Please send me the bug report number so that I can forward them to the Apps Ops Engineering QA team for investigation.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

Mine seems to be expiring in sep. Also it wouldn't explain why my users can still buy in-apps.

While writing the bug report, I have mangaged to make the problem non-reproducible. Since Monday, we've had no new users contact us with problems, and I can no longer reproduce the problem in the production environment. Updating the developer build of the app to have a new version number now makes the problem go away in the sandbox environment too.

@Reckoned - are you still seeing issues in both environments?

Now I am just getting a timed out warning. Seems the restore is working to some degree.

I am having this issue as well.

Sometimes everything works fine.

Sometimes it does not.

When things are not working I have figured out one thing that is reproducable-

If i open the app from a full quit

- try to restore purchases (fails)

- purchase an item

- try to restore purchases (fails)

But, if I open the app from a full quit

- purchase an item

- try to restore purchases (success)

Has anyone filed a bug report yet?

Interesting. Please file a bug report - since I can no longer reproduce the problem I have not done so (good in a way...although your experience makes me suspect the problem will come back).

Same issue on my end and I have been able to reproduce in production environment.

So far the release version of my app works just fine.

What happens if you follow the suggestion from rich in this post: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/49940 (make sure you sign out of the iTunes & App Store before trying to make the purchase)?