Accessibility Inspector says device not setup

Hello,

I have an iPhone 6 that I've been using for development for quite a while not and have no issues deploying my code on it and debugging with Xcode. However recently the Accessibility Inspector has a "(not setup)" next to this iPhone in the drop down list. If I pick the device it puts up an alert that says:

Device Not Setup

This device must be setup for development using Xcode.

I am very confused by this message because I am able to deploy and debug on it. I see nothing in Xcode about needing to setup the device. Any ideas on how to solve this are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

Replies

Some additional details are that I am using Xcode 8.2.1 and the phone that I am testing with has iOS 9.3.3 on it.

Is that device registered in the Member Center?

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. I am using the following versions:
Xcode - Version 10.0 (10A255)
macOS - 10.13.6 (17G65)
iPod - 9.3.5
I keep getting device not setup. But when I go to Xcode - window > devices, it is listed there as one of the devices.

Cheers!

Came across the same issue after updating my iOS device to the latest OS, the phone needs to be setup for development again. It may take some time for the setup to complete once plugged back into Xcode, check under Window > Devices.. in Xcode: As indicated by the alert, to enable Developer Mode go to Settings > Privacy & Security on the iOS device. Scroll down to the Developer Mode list item and navigate into it. To toggle Developer mode, use the “Developer Mode” switch. Tap the switch to enable Developer Mode.