CloudKit update notifications stopped working

I have an application in development mode. The application uses CKSubscription to get notified on changes on the server, configured for all three options: create, update, delete. Everything was working fine but just today I have discovered the application does not receive notifications on record updates, the create and delete notifications are still working. The susbcription types are set correctly for all three options as I checked on the dashboard and the application is registered for CKSubscription as it was a couple of days ago when it was working like charm, I have not changed anything in my code. I am not getting any errors from CloudKit. The reset of development environment did not help. Any idea what might be causing this issue, what else should I check / try?

Replies

I have the same issue: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31103522/ckfetchnotificationchangesoperation-sometimes-not-returns-update-delete-notific

Reported in bugreporter with ID: 20951776. They said it is a duplicate of 20934388. In twitter an Apple Engineer said: "@j4nos The server team believes they have a fix for 20951776, but they haven’t deployed it yet."

I think if you and me has the same, then it is just time for them to fix it. Fetching notification is so basic functionality.

===

Meantime I installed new Xcode 6.4 / iOS 8.4 and still delete update does not work. +1 +1 +1 +1

Sam here for my apps in development. 2 weeks ago evrything works, now updates get no notifications.

I still recieve Notification for Record Creation. (Xcode 7 beta 2 deployment target 8.3)

+1

Exactly same problem.

Same problem!

+1

Me too Delete and Update don't work, create is fine. Any ideas from anyone when this will be sorted ?

Update will work if you toggle a field and have an explicit predicate for it but not if using TRUEPREDICATE

Has there been any progress with this issue? We can't be the only people experiencing this problem.

I am thinking about to implement a delete whole local cache and download all records again, and populate cache again. Without traching updates my app is useless.

The other approach chould be instead of updating, deleting and creating records. What do you think about it?

Wow, I thought I messed up something on my project.

I've been experiencing exactly the same issue as you.

I hope this gets fixed very soon..

Edit:

CKFetchNotificationChangesOperation also doesn't get update notification...

Maybe I should submit my app without cloudkit capability at this time.

I too, am unable to generally receive RECORDUPDATE notifications, but I am able to receive certain RECORDUPDATE notifications when a field which is part of the query is updated in the record. As a workaround, for some of my CloudKit tables, I was able to add additional subscriptions with queries keyed to certain fields. However, this is not a complete solution for me, as I still need a general purpose UPDATE notification.

I have the same issue. When creating a CKSubscription using a TRUEPREDICATE with create, update and delete options, I only seem to receive notifications when a record is created. However not when its updated or deleted.

This is a major issue and I need CKSubscriptions for many of my app features.

Hope this gets fix soon.

Attempt to retreive the case 20951776 (in the problem ID Field) from bugreport.apple.com.

Result:

No problems were found that match the search criteria.

They are being resolved?

Not solve in my case iOS 8.4. Xcode 6.4

Everyone should visit https://bugreport.apple.com/ and submit a bug with the tile of "CloudKit update/delete notifications not being received" or something similar so that the priority of the issue will increase. Currently the development of my applications is at a stand still while I wait for a fix to this issue.

+1

Same here. I don't understand. It is a basic feature and not working since 15 days ago. 😟