iTunes Fails To Exit

Trying to exit iTunes, after any and all is done, never works. It wont stop on its own. The only choice is to Force Close.

Any others seeing this?

Replies

I am not seeing this problem. Does the app freeze, or are you just unable to close it?

Just played a few tunes and no problem quitting iTunes. Furthermore, iTunes opened very quickly on this late 2012 iMac running Beta 2.

iTunes seems fully functional. All teh normal options seem to work fine. Its the closing part that doesnt work, it just keeps on running regardless.

I'm not having a problem closing iTunes. What do you mean by "after any and all is done"?

I mean well after all actions (sync, music play, etc) are completed. Select Exit from menu and it keeps right on running. Force close is only choice.

For what it's worth, I was having this same issues with iTunes in Yosemite. Also, once I was able to get it closed, it would pop right back open. If I wanted to log out or reboot, I'd have to force quit it sesveral times, so that the logout/reboot could happen between itunes trying to start.

Most of the time I use iTunes to deal with device backup/restores/updates. After this is usually when it refused to exit on its own.

1. Backup a device

2. Wait until done

3. All activity is finished

Use Quit button. Nothing happens. Come back an hour later, Quit button, same result. Only choice is Force Close. Saw this in Yosemite as well. Last time it closed was in Mavericks.