Incorrect app name when installing through test flight

Hello,

I am developing an app which has a space in the name "*** yyy". I am using test flight to distribute and test my app, the problem I am seeing is that when the app is installed using test flight, the app name shows up without the space on the phone "xxxyyy". If I manually install it using the IPA file or when I deploy it using xcode, it appears fine - "*** yyy". I even tried manualy changing the info.plist file to have hard coded test for "Bundle Display Name" and "Bundle Name". But still the same problem. Can someone help me figure out where the incorrect name is coming from?

thanks,

Sachin

Replies

I have the same issue. Did you figure this out? Is it just when deployed via testflight?

I'm facing this issue today and don't know how to fix it, have you found any solution?

I have an application with name "*** YYY", I 've tried to install the app at local and everything seem work fine, but when I submit the app to testflight for the customer to check then the app which they installed from testflight has name "XXXYY..." so they reported it as a bug.

I also have this issue. Have tried everything. Please let me know if you figure it out!

This is because of the yellow/blue point on the left of the app when it's installed, it makes the area tight for the app name so trimming of white space and some app characters may occure, that wasted a lot of my time so i hope it saves yours 🙂