Subaddressing (i.e. useraccount+test@gmail.com) not working anymore as sandbox user

Apple officially recommends using subaddressing (adding a '+' and text to an existing email address) to create new Sandbox Users here:

"If your email service provider supports email subaddressing with a plus character (+), use subaddresses of a standard address for each sandbox tester account. For example, if your base email is foo@example.com, use the foo+us@example.com, foo+uk@example.com, and foo+jp@example.com email addresses when creating sandbox tester accounts in iTunes Connect. All communications sent to the subaddresses are sent to the base address."

However, for some reason it stopped working. I had already created a couple of these accounts using subaddressing, but I cannot create more it seems. It gives the message:

"This email address is not available for use as an Apple ID. You may already have an Apple ID associated with this address. Please try again or sign in using your existing Apple ID."

I tried with 3 different accounts, some with and some without subaddressing accounts already. Is this something Apple doesn't want anymore?

Replies

I'm having the same issue!

I'm seeing this as well.

Is there a solution to this? I need to get some sandbox users up but none of my emails are working or the subaddresses

The email address is never used in the sandbox. Use anything that 'looks' like an email address. whatever12926354@happymail.com

Anything works now?? I thought it has to be a real email and you have to activate it

Not for sandbox use now, no.

@PBK's solution works for me. Tester doesn't need to do email authentication, therefore I can use any random email for testing.

Good one - this works! Just use any random email address. There is no confirmation.

Also note: don't bother trying to follow the instructions on signing in to the app store as a sandbox tester either. You can't do that any more either!

Instead, sign out of the app store, and then use your app to make a purchase. This will prompt you to sign in with your sandbox account.

Not sure, but I think subaddresses work for sandbox if parent address is a sandbox one too.

i.e : email@address.com is sandbox

email+any@address.com works

Ya this doesn't work. another apple hoop to jump through, wow this is a great platform to work with.

This is 2022 may sub email not working :( random email need to be confirmed :(

so, the only solution is to create multiple real emails :) or alias if it’s your hosted email server :)