Siri using excessive battery

Even while disabled completely (including Siri suggests), Siri is using anywhere from 1%-10% of battery.

Last night Siri showed 35% with "audio" listed. Has since gone back down but still showing battery usage. Siri is still disabled.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Jaredmberger Down vote post of Jaredmberger
7.1k views

Replies

i should add that there have been several error reports generated in diagnostics called "'com.apple.siri.embeddedspeech.cpu_resource" stating Siri services violated CPU timing restrictions.

I'm seeing the exact same thing. I have Siri disabled, and have NEVER used Siri. Yet I keep seeing com.apple.siri.embeddedspeech.cpu_resource logs in my Analytics Data. ...telling me CPU usage is high. Why is "embedded speech" running at all? Let alone chewing up enough CPU use to cause a log entry?

I only have 3 apps that I gave permission to use the mic: 2 "camcorder" apps, and SigScopePro. I have power cycled the phone, and not run any of those, and STILL see embedded speech running. Futhermore, I have Jetsam Events that show "LargestProcess" : "com.apple.siri.embeddedspeech" !!

This is disturbing. What is going on?? Is my phone hacked, and spying on me with the mic? Can anyone explain this?

It's also odd that it's been over 2 months since you asked this, and nobody has responded, despite there being 120 views of this post. Given that, it would appear that this is not normal iPhone behavior.

I have iOS 10.3.1 on iPhone 6s. I've seen this with the previous iOS version as well. I've only recently discovered this log, so I don't know if it's been happening since day 1 or not.

I should add: I don't see Siri listed under my battery usage.

It seems like siri is working in the background when it shoulden't be. You should call apple. It seems like a software problem. make sure you have background app refresh off. I hope I was able to help you.

I have EXACTLY the same issue and same phone and same questions !

• I have an iPhone 11 and this is happening to me now! Not 4 years ago. No answer was ever proffered to the original post. Any more information today? IOS 14.7.1. It may not be related but i am also getting a crash (SIGABRT) for “proximitycontrold” and I have airdrop and airplay set to receiving off and never automatically connect.

• I have an iPhone 11 and this is happening to me now! Not 4 years ago. No answer was ever proffered to the original post. Any more information today? IOS 14.7.1. It may not be related but i am also getting a crash (SIGABRT) for “proximitycontrold” and I have airdrop and airplay set to receiving off and never automatically connect.

• I'm ALSO experiencing the same issue. Here it is, a year after the last post and FIVE years since the original post and yet STILL no one knows what's going on.Is everybody either unknowledgeable about this problem? Or are they just scared to reveal the truth?

Add a Comment