Apple Mail forgetting GMail passwords

Anyone else having his issue? Started with 10.12.4b1

I have two GMail accounts set up in Apple Mail. I have these same two accounts set up in Apple Mail in TWO different Sierra accounts and this happens on both. The machine is up 24/7. It seems like Apple Mail forgets the GMail passwords every 24 hours.

It's not the passwords as my iOS devices work fine all day, day after day, accessing these same accounts.

Is this a security feature maybe? It looks like the accounts are in the keychain.

Regards, Patrick

Replies

Same thing happening to me in 10.12.4b1

I have the same problem as well. With 4 different accounts.

same experience--frustrating.

Same. The old trick when Apple f*ed this up was to sign out of your iCloud account and back in. Did it and sadly, this option is a no go. I filed a bug report and others should.

Same

I am having this issue with iOS 10.3 dev β1 (14E5230e) Mail app.

Tonight when I got home, it happened again. This time, however, there was a window with a message saying the session timed out due to inactivity.

I changed the 'Check for new messages' in Preferences/General from Automatic to '15 minutes'...let's see what that does.

Regards, Patrick

same here... I have four gmail accounts (one standard gmail, three business gmail accounts). They time out (or something similar) during the day. Constantly shows up as not connected, and asks for password. No issue on IOS device.

Did your 15 Minute check made any difference? Having the same issue here with several accounts 😟

This did not work (setting it to 15 minute retrieve interval). It still timed out.

same here and I thought I was crazy... I deleted entries from keychain nothing helped.. no issue on iphone/ipad on 10.3bn just on Mac OS 10.12.4 Beta (16E144f)

Same problem on OS 10.12.4 Beta with 4 accounts. Need to enter password in each.

PH

Ok, so I am not going mad. 🙂

Close to a dozen accounts, each one prompts for password on each launch.

And yes I have dual-factor enabled wherever possible. #facepalm

let's hope a fix comes soon this is ridiculous. Have 2auth also and 8 gmail accounts and every day I have to log in.. feels like groundhog day

It's super annoying, especially when you have 4+ accounts to do every time.