Apple Pencil not charging from iPad Pro? iOS 10.3

Batteries widget shows that the Apple Pencil is charging but the percentage isn increasing. Charging is still possible through the "wall adapter" for Apple Penci.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of MarkusAT Down vote post of MarkusAT
47k views

Replies

Seeing the same thing. Probably a SW bug.

Same issue here. Pencil has been showing 25% charge for over an hour.

Had the same problem. Interestingly, the Pencil charged fine from my iPhone, running 10.2.1!

Same problem here. Pencil will charge with the adaptor and lighting cable, but won't charge in iPad Pro.

I'm having same issue, have tried multiple pencils. Won't show a charge beyond 5%.

Ditto

Same here. Annoying...

Found the fix that worked for me:

1) Settings->Bluetooth

2) Swipe Delete the Apple Pencil paring

3) Plug-in your Pencil to establish a new paring

problem solved.

Seems like the new update clobbered the paired devices like iOS 8 did. May have to delete all pairings And start again.

Exactly the same here, no fixes ( restart, turn off Bluetooth ) work

went to charge my pencil and nothing. Charged it with my phone and watched the meter percentage move up on my ipad!! Something got broken with 10.3!!

Thanks for this! I have the exact same problem, and the same solution worked for me. 🙂 Something indeed probably broke this in the latest update..

Tried the suggested fix, no luck. Further, no charging help when plugged into iPhone. Have to find the wall charger piece. For an iPad Pro devotee who uses the Pencil daily, this is a major issue.

Also having this issue after latest beta update. Forgetting device and re-pairing did not work.

I have the same issue. Pencil only charges to 5% and takes 5x the amount of time to charge 1% then it did beofre I updated. Emailed Tim Cook's public email account and got a phone call back from his office. Very nice and scheduled a phone call with a senior engineer team. He called again later and said they could only help if I was running 10.2.1 and not a beta version of 10.3. Ordered a converter to charge from the wall, they want to hear back if the pencil charges from that so they can narrow down their search for the bug.

i'm having the same issue with my Apple Pencil, and 9.7" iPad Pro. I was able to successfully charge my pencil with the wall adapter and lightning cable. all other fixes didn't seen to work.