KEXT Certificate Request Delay?

I submitted a KEXT Developer ID certificate request on the 1st January 2017, I received an acknowledgement of the request but have heard nothing since.

Request number: 656054218

My KEXT interfaces with rdmsr64 and wrmsr64 allowing my application to obtain readings and control features specific to Intel processors (defined in Intel® 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer’s Manual) similar to the Intel Power Gadget. Nothing too complicated or security related.

This is my first KEXT request, is this wait normal? I'm delayed from releasing my application due to this.

Replies

I have the same issue, do you have amy updates how long it could take to obtain KEXT certificate?

I have the same issue, do you have amy updates how long it could take to obtain KEXT certificate?

garymathews’s experience is not representative because their request was for something weird (banging on Intel CPU special registers). It can take a while for the KEXT approval folks to make a final decision on such non-standard requests.

KEXT approval is not super speedy, but I’d expect weeks rather than months.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

I rapplied the certificate 3 months ago, only one reply to suggest use the user space API , no any result ,I am crazy! what can I do next???

I rapplied the certificate 3 months ago, only one reply to suggest use the user space API …

It’s hard to know for sure without looking at the specific request, but in general a reply like that indicates that your request has been denied in favour of that user-space API. If you think that’s in error, you need to make your arguments to the KEXT approval folks.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"