xcode 8 is slow on my 2016 Macbook pro

I've been using xcode since the version 5 and now i realized that xcode 8 is not fast enough on my new Macbook Pro 15" with touchbar. When i scroll up or down in the source code file, it is not as smooth as my previous mac(2014 mid). I can clearly observe frme drops while dragging. Am i the only one having this issue?

Replies

Having the same issue, found no slt yet +1

😟 Same to me. Its ashamed for that performance. Hope Apple could solve it ASAP😀

You can try report this bug with Apple Bug Reporter

Same to me.

My macbook pro 15inch in storyboard slower than 13inch macbook pro 2015.

Any one have solution. My version: 8.2.1.

I try install xcode 8.3 beta 3. But still.

Note: I click a button in storyboard and mouse pointer show loading about 3 second. Storyboard only contain 3 view controller.

What version of macOS are you using? There was a bug where an unused feature of the touch bar would interact poorly when Xcode was debugging, but that should be fixed with 10.12.2. If you are experiencing slowness on a newer build, please file a bug, preferably with a sysdiagnose. Thanks!

For Apple Engineering: <rdar://problem/28622049>

Version of mac OS is 10.12.3. I had report to bugreport.apple.com. Thanks

10.12.3. Still the same

Already did!

Me too, 10.12.3 The problem still.

I had install xCode 8.3 and MacOS 10.12.4 but problem is exist.

The first think we should do is optimize our code, reduce and make it max more simple. Here is some tips i can provide:

- Use cathage instead cocoapods

- Stop index your derived data folder

- Convert most of the extensions in Swift files to simple class methods

And the last step:

Clean your build folder -> Remove files and folder in derived folder -> Empty trash -> Restart Xcode

Back to version xCode 8.0 will resolve problem with storyboard.

Xcode 8.3.1 has fixed this problem already!

You can update Xcode 8.3.1.

really ? I haven't noticed any performance boost. I still struggle with slow building, indexing all files on each small change in code and massive resource consuming.