How to install app on phone without expiring

I have a paid developer account and have that activated in my XCode 8. I write a small App for my kids and put on their phnos through XCode, the App was signed with the certificate of my payed account which is valid until May and a provisioning profile which is also valid until May. It is now 3 months ago that I put it on their phones Today the App stopped working. How should I sign an App that would not go to the store that keeps on running untill the lifetime of my certificate is over or better for ever ?

Replies

The only apps that won't carry a profile subject to expiration are those that have been uploaded to, and distributed from the store.

Nothing you make locally will be valid past the length of your current dev account (max one year).

Were those family installs done via ad-hoc, or just direct builds to authorized test devices or?

But if the profiles on those apps have an expiry date in May, there must be some other explanation related to why they stopped now, such as if the device date was set to the future, or they included some time sensitive feature, etc. not related to provisioning.

You can check those builds in Xcode, I think, to see when they expire. Also confirm your account status in Xcode/Prefs/Account to verify.