iOS app unexpectedly quits

Hi,

I have an app in the appstore where the users have reported to me that sometimes the app unexpectedly quits. The app is a shopping list like-app where items are entered into a tableView. I have been trying to replicate the crash but I haven't been able to do it.

I know that without any code it would be impossible to identify the issue but I was wondering if there is a common reason as to why apps unexpectedly quit when you are not even entering information.

This is how users have described the crash to me...

User 1:

" When the app went blank I wasn't doing anything, I looked up to check soemthing out and when I looked down to see my list it was blank."

Any suggestion as to what to look for?

• You should look for a new phone, perhaps an android.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

When you don't have much to go on, and ask for help nonethe less, at least talk about the app - what type; what it does; what iOS versions it supports etc. Anything you know that we don't know so we don't have to ask/guess 😉

Assume that the app is timing out, not reponding to the OS, and being killed off by the OS.

You will need a crash report to do more - try doing an ad-hoc build and seeing if you can crash it like those users.

Also confirm what device(s) and OS they're using. Be sure they aren't on jailbrk'd devices, etc. Also try to know what % of users are being affected.

Replies

When you don't have much to go on, and ask for help nonethe less, at least talk about the app - what type; what it does; what iOS versions it supports etc. Anything you know that we don't know so we don't have to ask/guess 😉

Assume that the app is timing out, not reponding to the OS, and being killed off by the OS.

You will need a crash report to do more - try doing an ad-hoc build and seeing if you can crash it like those users.

Also confirm what device(s) and OS they're using. Be sure they aren't on jailbrk'd devices, etc. Also try to know what % of users are being affected.