add icloud containers to your app id

I am building an app that needs to use an iCloud container. I have created an app container and attached it to the App Id in my developers account. However when I try to enable iCloud in xCode it is giving the following errors.

! Add iCloud Containers to your App Id

! Add the iCloud entitlement to your entitlements file.

I have tried everything that I have been advised to do including striping it all out and trying again but I cannot get this to work.

Replies

I have the same problem which "Add iCloud Containers to your App ID" always shown, while I am sure my iCloud setting is correct!

Any ideas?

Same problem here. this used to work fine. I've been programming to CloudKit for about a year. Lately I get the same errors. If I click on 'Fix Issue', the red exclamation marks clear up. click on CloudKit checkbox, it unchecks itself and the 'Add the iCloud entitlement to your entitlements file' turns red again. Keep trying and xCode crashes.

I solved this by the following steps.

1. Went to Apple Developer website and enabled iCloud with CloudKit on my App ID

2. Opened Xcode, Targets, (your app name), General, Signing, Unchecked "Automatically manage signing" and checked the box again.

Hope this helps.