Reject from Apple for In APP Purchase - links to the privacy policy and terms of use

I get the meesage from Apple review team about my rejected application.

What should I do for this, I had try to list the link to the privacy policy and terms of use in the purchasing page of my app

But I still get rejected.

Can anyone tell me the reason that i get rejected ? Thanks

Apple Team message:

Before You Submit

We continue to notice that your app did not fully meet the terms and conditions for auto-renewing subscriptions, as specified in Schedule 2, Section 3.8(b).
Specifically, your app did not include:
– links to the privacy policy and terms of use within your app
Next Steps
Please revise your app and/or its description to include the missing information. Please note that we require the above information in both the app and its description. Adding the above information to the StoreKit modal alert is not sufficient; the information must also be listed somewhere within the app itself.

For your convenience, we've included Schedule 2, section 3.8(b) below.

You clearly and conspicuously disclose to users the following information regarding Your auto-renewing subscription:

– Title of publication or service
– Length of subscription (time period and/or content/services provided during each subscription period)
– Price of subscription, and price per unit if appropriate
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
– Links to Your Privacy Policy and Terms of Use
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of openlanguage Down vote post of openlanguage
25k views

Replies

Put this in your description of the app on the iTunes Connect metadata page:

XYZ comes with...... After this ......you may purchase an auto-renewing subscription through an In-App Purchase. (If you do not maintain a subscription you can only.........)

• Auto-renewable subscription

• 1 month ($2.99), 2 month ($4.99) and 3 month ($5.99) durations

• Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew (at the duration selected) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.

• Current subscription may not be cancelled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.

• Privacy policy: https........

Unfortunately this seems not to be enouth:

"Please note that we require the above information in both the app and its description. "

Same issue. Did you get it resolved. Where did you add the information other than app description?

We are also getting the same reason for rejection. Do anyone knows what finally works?

Well, the issue got resolved for me. Let me share my findings.

Its pretty clear from Apple Review message itself.

"Please note that we require the above information in both the app and its description. Adding the above information to the StoreKit modal alert is not sufficient; the information must also be listed somewhere within the app itself."

So what worked for me is given below.

I have added the following information to the App as well.

1. Subsription title.
  2. Subscription duration
  3. Subsription Price.
  4. And also the Auto-Renew information.

You might be added all this information information as part of "App description" in iTunes Connect meta data. But that alone is not sufficient you need to add this information in your App as well where user can see this information all the time if wants.

This worked for me.

Hi. Tell me, how did you add Auto-Renew information in terms of design? It's a huge text... We tried to cut it down to the main points, but Apple said it's not enough. 😐 If I add it to my purchase page, it wont be a place for purchase buttons.

Where do you put it in the app? I understand where I have to put it in the app description in iTunes connect, but in the app I don't know where.

THanks!

I recently had an extensive back-and-forth with app review on this issue. They wanted the text above, and a live link to the privacy/terms of use, (see requirements in Schedule 2 3.8(b)) placed 'when the auto-renewable IAP products are presented to the user' but NOT in a UIAlert. [They stated an objection to "placing it in the StoreKit modal alerts" and said I should "put it in the binary" but what they actually meant was 'do not place it in a UIAlert'.] My IAP system was designed around UIAlerts. They said I should redesign around a "presentViewController:" and place the text directly on the screen. It wasn't a difficult redesign. I kept the original presenting view controller as the StoreKit delegate. The new view controller handled all SKProductRequests. I used NSNotifications back to the presenting viewController (and a dismissViewControllerAnimated:) when the user selected restore or selected one of the IAP products for purchase or terminated for any reason.

These requirements (text and link in the app and not in a UIAlert) are new. The earlier version was approved without it.

I too had the same issue and I managed to resolve this and I have written a detail blog post on the steps that I took to resolve it. Here's hoping my blog post saves the next person stuck on this some time.

http://captaindanko.blogspot.com.au/2017/06/addressing-app-review-rejections-for.html

This is of big help ! Thank you

I had this issue this week and while my solution was similar to what's been said above, I'll shared what I had to do:

• Add the following line to end of my "App Description" in the App Store:

Terms of Use: https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/dev/stdeula/

• Within in the app, in the subscriptions screen, add two links taking user to Safari webpage:

a) Terms of Use (to URL above, Apple's standard EULA)

b) Privacy Policy (to own personal page)