16 Replies
      Latest reply on Jan 18, 2017 4:48 PM by nasj442
      scriba Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

From about 12:00 hours my players (Scala 40 and Rummy! apps) have trboules in finding adversaires online

the games uses the standard GC MatchMaking interface

does anyone else has this problem too?

thank you

• Re: Troubles in GC MatchMaking?
          nasj442 Level 2 Level 2 (45 points)

I think there is some problem with Game Center matchmaking right now, although I'm not quite sure what it is.  All I know is that the number of scores posted to my real-time match leaderboard for Today has dropped 40-50% in the past couple days.

illumina Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Auto-matching is not working for me as well. Invite via sms seem to be broken for me too. Clicking on the sms bubble takes me to Game Center in settings.

scriba Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

- I tried to contact the Italian Apple Customer Support as player (not as developer) they were very kind and didn't find a solution for this problem

- I contacted the ITC customer support they reported that it is not their problem

- I wrote on this forum as you

- I tests both my apps, and other similar apps downloaded form the store and none works

it could be we have to sent a tecnichal support incident or file bug reports to Apple, annying because it costs and the problems seems to be an Apple problem and not an application one

any cloud? do you have an alternat way to contact somebody in Apple

is there somebody in Apple reading this forum?

thank you

nasj442 Level 2 Level 2 (45 points)

I'm seeing similar behavior to you.  Real-time invites are not working at all.

Real-time Messages-based invites take the user to Settings when they click to accept the invite.  Real-time Game Center friend invites (old method) are immediately declined without the recipient of the invite seeing anything at all.

Turn-based invites (both Messages-based and Game Center friend invites) *are* working.  So it's only real-time invites that are broken.

I've also had some reports that auto-matching isn't working well, but I'm not sure exactly what the issue is, only that it's taking an order of magnitude longer than usual to find an auto-match.  Most people probably just give up thinking it's not working at all.

HaroldMaurice Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

In my case I can SUCESSFULLY connect my 2 home devices from an Xcode run (iOS10.2 and XCode 8.2 within a private playerGroup) 100% of the times. However, there is always one of the two devices that crashes every 4 to 5 attempts right after having got the GKPlayerStateConnected status. Crashes occur on iOS9, iOS10.1, iOS10.2 and even iOS10.2.1 (beta)

Trying to connect to real online players FAILS 100% of the times, but with no crash.

I'm wondering why there is no beta-version for Game Center, including release notes (?)

wotc-daryl Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Our company just received notice from Apple that a fix for this issue was deployed at 5pm PST.

We should see this issue resolve as the fixe propagates.