Unable to process lookupSoftwareForBundleId request at this time due to a general error

When trying to submit my app to xcode this keeps coming up. My app was rejected and I was told to fix the bug and reupload, but Application manager keeps displaying:

Unable to process lookupSoftwareForBundleId request at this time due to a general error

Replies

I am also unable to submit a package using Application Manager and am getting the same exact error message: Unable to process lookupSoftwareForBundleId request at this time due to a general error

I just realized that I was using the wrong Bundle ID for the app package -- once I repackaged the app with the same Bundle ID as the iTunes Connect app profile, the app submitted fine through Application Loader. Hope this helps anyone else that gets this error message!

Still facing the same issue... I have seen on the multiple fourms that this is an intermittent issue with Apple. Some have retired uplodaing the build using Application Manager in a span of a couple of hours and it "eventually worked"

To clarify, the app that I am trying to upload to TestFlight for internal testing has a ,Production Certificate with an (Apple Store) Distribution provisioning profile. With all those prerequisites set, I am still getting the issue:

> Unable to process lookupSoftwareForBundleId request at this time due to a general error

Anyone is facing the same issue / figured a solution? I've been trying for the past couple of days and still getting the same issues (whether uploading the build through Application Loader or through Xcode. Any input is much appreciated! Thanks.

Hi,

Still facing the same issue. My bundle is correct and I can not send the application, it still displays the message: Unable to process lookupSoftwareForBundleId request at this time due to a general error.

I have 4 applications to update and I get the same message.I tried again and it did not work.

Hi This is Samaresh and I am facing the same problem. The previous IPA file which I uploaded to the iTunes connect using Application Loader worked fine , but after that it's almost three days I have been trying to upload and it's showing the following error " Application Loader is unavailable ..." I tried search through the web for the answer , but it seems there is no such solutions made available on the web. Even Apple team has not answered. If anyone gets the solution please share it. Regards, Samaresh

Dear Friends,

I finally got the solutions on this issue.

Actually the problem was in the iTunesConnect .

Before uploading the ipa file using XCODE or APPLICATION LOADER we need to first add a NEW APP ( + ) in the iTunesConnect where is asks for the following : -

1) Platform

2) Name

3) Primary Language

4) Bundle ID

5) SKU

Once you Add the New App and provide all the above relevant information ,you are ready to upload your ipa file.

Now when you upload the IPA file using XCODE or APPLICATION LOADER it will identify the Bundle ID associate with your App in the iTunnesConnect New App which you have recently added and will not show the general error.

I am sure this will definitely solve your problem.

Regards,

Sam

I found i had an error in xcode in my version information, I had a typo so my version was 5..0 and should have been 5.0.

Changing that fixed the problem

Thnak you very much,

This information just solved my problem.

I was having the same issue.

Thank you Sam.