Beacons Geofencing

Hi,

I'm working on an application for a smart mall.

The application objective is to guide the customer through the mall, provides targeted informations or targeted discount, based on customers preferences.

In order, to provide real time and customised informations, we are using beacons.

When the application runs in background (in most cases), I use monitoring on a single region but it’s not enough accurate.

I've searched on Internet and I've found a solution :

When the phone is entering in a region, I start a background task for 1 minute and during this I start ranging to have more accurate information from the beacons.

When a minute is passed, I stop ranging, end the background task and let the application return to background.

My question is : Will Apple accept or reject my application if I use this system ?

If not is there a precise guide line to follow or anything else to do that ?

Thank you for your answers

Aurélien

Replies

Hello,

It's important for us to have a response from an Engineer of Apple.

How could we be sure that our App will be accepted with this solution ?

Thank you.

Best,

Aurélien

As this is an App Review policy question, no Apple engineer can respond to it - and AFAIK, App Review does not follow these forums.

Your question would be best asked directly to App Review.

App Store Review Guidelines (UPDATED) is always a good start.

Although what you are describing sounds innocent enough, there could be numerous implementation details that could flag your app for rejection.

The only definitive answer will be from App Review directly, after reviewing your app.