Locations Limited to USA

Hi,

Question One

I was wondering if this is a situation for the beta stage or will targeted locations for worldwide be implemented at a later date?

Question Two

In its current state, if I don't choose a location specific targeting option will app store users outside of the USA see the ads?

best,

cfmk

Replies

One: We don't know. You would presume so, but there are features Apple released for the US App Store years ago (the small bar of alternative search terms, and a much more dynamic, broader, detailed Categories system for instance), that have never made it to any of the other country app stores (as far as I know). They will probably see if it meets their expectations, and isn't going to involve a lot of extra work their end to roll out internationally before making a decision. We're only just outside the period everyone's free credit expired (for those that struggled to spend it all at once), so it's probably still too early to tell what's going to happen when people are expected to pay with their own money.

Two: No, ads are ONLY shown in the US App Store. It doesn't matter what you set the location targetting to, that only restricts location within the US. Caveat, if users are outside the US, but logged into the US App Store, then they see ads. That's how I check my ads are working. Likely only devs do that, as I think you need a credit card assigned to your account from any country you want to buy from before it lets you (even for Free apps).