Does Testflight app override App store app completely?

I had built an app which is already available in the app store with version 1.0. This app has Local database i.e(SQLITE).

Now I am working on next Version i.e 1.1 And in this Version, I have added a new table to my local DB. With this the development is complete.

Now, using test flight I am performing Internal Testing.

Let's Consider two Scenarios:

Case 1:

On my device, I had freshly installed the beta build version 1.1 from testFlight. Once installed, I checked my local DB & found that my local DB is updated with the newly added table.

So this is working fine.

Case 2:

Let's consider a scenario Wherein on my device I am running my app store build i.e version 1.0 and now I am installing the beta build from Testflight. Once clicked on install button I get a message "Do you want to update the existing app" and by clicking on the ok button the beta build which is version 1.1 is installed on the app.

But when I checked my local DB I found that the Database is not updated with the new table. i.e. It's still showing the older database into the app.

Does testFlight build do not override complete app store build along with local DB?