TestFlight problem - {"bug_type":"179","os_version":"iPhone OS 10.2 (14C92)"}

I have recently uploaded my app to iTunes Connect to distribute it for testing via TestFlight. The app works perfectly on two of the three internal testers' devices but cannot move past the first screen on the third device. The internal tester has sent me the error log from his phone that starts with {"bug_type":"179","os_version":"iPhone OS 10.2 (14C92)"} and then dictates the run time of the app. I cannot find an outline of bug types online and I do not know where the error could be residing if it is working on the other two testing devices. Any help would be much appreciated.

Replies

Hi,

just in case your issue is still active almost 3 months later: I have encountered the same issue with my TestFlight build and tracked it down tothe following (stupid) mistake we made: we were using our own main() function rather than the @UIApplicationMain attribute on the AppDelegate class, and somebody was careless enough to take out the whole main() function from the Release build by wrapping it inside an #if DEBUG ...#endif statement. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

I hope it helps,

Cheers!