User Header Search Paths - broken?

Getting what appears to be random success and failure in including headers from my general purpose "library" folder of headers.

As a premise I have a variable setup in the project (in fact every project) of "CoreDev" which points to the path name of the folder of headers (sorry, would put a screen snap shot but this forum is snafu):

Project "BBCCD"

- User Header Search Paths

-- $(CoreDev) recursive

and

Project "BBCCD"

- User-Defined

-- CoreDev

--- ~/Development/CoreXLibrary

now here is the problem... my API.m file I have:

#import "CoreTypeAliases.h" // k1Sec, etc.

which comples just fine. Yet in CoreState.h I have:

#import "CoreTypeAliases.h"

which is flagged as 'CoreTypeAliases.h' file cannot be found... Then I "cut" it from the file and "pasted" it back into the file and low-n-behold it compiles. Remember, cut and paste... no typing, no mistakes.

So moving on... in CDError.m the same problem...

#import "CoreTypeAliases.h"

is flagged as 'CoreTypeAliases.h' file cannot be found... Remember, it complied just fine in API.m .. so I tried to cut and paste it in like before... and that did not "fix" it. Here I punted and I just put the full pathname in...

#import "/Users/happyhacker/Development/CoreXLibrary/CoreTypeAliases.h"

which of course complies without issue...

So the score is:

1 - compiled in API.m (a source file) without issue or edit

2 - compile failed in CoreState.h but then worked after it was cut out and pasted back in (majik! - majic is bad )

3 - compile failed in CDError.m, cut/paste did not work, used full path instead

so the solution is to use full path names for all library imports? Nasty. I could include all of the headers into the project files (Project Navigator) but that is only slightly less nasty...

Anyone have any ideas how an include can work in one file but not in another in the same project in the same target? Any ideas how a cut and a paste can fix an include that does not work? Seems rather random...

(will someone please fix this forum? decent forums provide for screen snap shots...)