Search ads

I came across this new feature from apple that helps with app relevancy. It sounds promising but before I use it, has anyone ever tried it and is it really effective?

Replies

You're in the iAd board which is totally different from Search Ads, so you might want to check out the Search Ads board instead. Since iAd was cancelled last year, this board is pretty dead now.

To answer your question though, with Search Ads I finally have an advertising mechanism that seems to generate installs at a rate where I'm still able to make a profit on those installs (for a paid app). So it's decent value for money. However, this only generates a couple of installs a day, and there's no obvious way to 'turn up the dial'. On a free app it's been a useful way to boost its position in the Search ranks for the US, as occasionally your app appears at the very top of the search results, and you obviously get more installs than paid just because the app is free.

In short, it's a useful addition to the promotion toolkit, but doesn't look world changing in and of itself.