Log error when accessing the apple menu in a Sandboxed macOS App

Greetings. I'm running the just-released macOS 10.12.2, Xcode 8.2, Swift 3.

I have a strange error that comes up in all my sandboxed macOS apps. When I run the apps from Xcode and click on the Apple Menu (top left), the following error logs to the console in Xcode:

2016-12-13 19:30:55.867046 Project-X[3430:411160] [User Defaults] Failed to read values in
CFPrefsPlistSource<0x6100000e3f00> (Domain: com.apple.PowerManagement, User: kCFPreferencesAnyUser, ByHost: Yes,
Container: (null)): accessing preferences outside an application's container requires user-preference-read or
file-read-data sandbox access, detaching from cfprefsd

If I create a build, save it to my Mac as a local app and run it from there, I see the same error as above listed in the macOS console, in addition to this error listed as a FAULT under the cfprefsd process:

rejecting read of { com.apple.PowerManagement, kCFPreferencesAnyUser,
kCFPreferencesCurrentHost, no container, managed: 0 } from process 3384
because accessing preferences outside an application's container requires
user-preference-read or file-read-data sandbox access

..and this under the kernel process:

SandboxViolation: Project-X(3384) deny(1) file-read-data
/Library/Preferences/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist

If I create a build without sandboxing, the error doesn't show up anywhere.

My entitlement settings are just these two:

• App Sandbox
  • com.apple.security.files.user-selected.read-write

I had the same issue in 10.12.1 and thought it might be resolved in 10.12.2, but it persists. It's strangely specific, because it only presents if I click on the Apple Menu when the app is running.

Thanks very much for any insights.

Replies

Looks like this bug persists in 10.12.3 😟

The only way I've found to recover from this is to reboot my computer. Has anyone found a less intrusive way?

Thanks for your reply, davidd. I still haven't found a way around this (other than the re-boot), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 10.12.4 😐

Looks like this problem persists in macOS 10.12.4 & Xcode 8.3 😟

I second this, the issue is still around