Any confirmation/update on Extension submissions?

I submitted a Safari extension for Gallery approval weeks ago (called "Social Fixer"). I haven't received any confirmation that it was received, or any update on its status. Is there no dashboard to tell me the review status? No emails telling me they are reviewing it?

I'm afraid that it has gone into a black hole, and I've missed part of the process that I didn't know about. How can I make sure that it was actually received? Any idea how long the approval actually takes?

Very frustrating - even worse than Mozilla's approval process!

Thanks,

Matt Kruse

Replies

Still no response and no sign of my extension. Should I re-submit?

Is it not yet in the Mac App Store?

Might want to not wait and put it on your own server, like back in the day...

Submitted Safari Extension xLaw update many weeks ago.

Change was only oneliner (removed port number from URL) , still no approval...

This is a huge problem with Safari Extensions. To be more specific:

• There is no admin UI for out extensions.
  • For every update we need to submit the extension as if it was a new one.
  • We can't see the status of our extensiosns.
  • There doesn't seem to be a way to contact the Review Team for Safari Extensions.

This is truly a black box that Apple should give some love, in my opinion.

Is there an email address we can use for review issues?

I agree. I haven't been able to get any info on my extension I've been trying to update for over a year!

I am waiting for my extension to be approved also. It took more than a month already.

I submitted a support request on the 8th and I'm currently waiting to hear back from Apple.

It's been quite a while since I submitted my extension for review. It's still pending. I am just surprised that this is the quality of service developers get after spending time and effort to develop an extension for Safari users - that too after paying $99. Just surprised.

Because of the delay, I can't advertise, issue any product launch announcements, coordinate my launch with any relevant events that are going on right now - nothing. All waiting silently without any updates from Apple - and all after paying $99.

I agree, it's really terrible to pay $99 for a service that doesn't actually work. I've been waiting a whole year to release a new version of my Safari extension, and nothing seems to get through to Apple. I've opened multiple bug requests and each time they say they've forwarded my request to the appropriate team, and they'll get back to me. That never happens!

Does anyone know a phone number where we can talk to an Apple developer representative? It's just ridiculous at this point.

I had the opposite experience. I submitted my extension about 5 weeks ago, it appeared in the gallery about 3 weeks ago, and I got the email confirmation yesterday 😮

How did you eventually get your extension published?

I've been waiting 3 months and not a word from Apple and impossible to get any information from them!