iOS 10 VPN Connect On Demand Issues

I'm using Airwatch Tunnel to provide VPN services on iOS. Airwatch Tunnel was upgraded to v1.3.3 back in August of 2016. Since the upgrade, the Connect on Demand settings for apps do not get processed unless the user manually toggles Connect on Demand off/on again in the iOS VPN settings screen. Everytime a new app is installed or an existing app is upgraded the user must toggle Connect on Demand in settings in order to get auto connect working again for VPN.

Is anyone else using Airwatch Tunnel and have seen similar issues? We've seen this occur on all versions of iOS 10.

Replies

Experiencing the exact same thing with Mobile Iron Tunnel in the same way you describe. If users toggle it on manual via the Tunnel app, Settings, or a device restart, it works. Otherwise, it doesn't connect on-demand.

I experienced the same problem couple of days ago but i contacted to purevpn to resolve this issue. I connect to them via live chat & now its working fine.

Has MobileIron give you any indication of what they think the issue is? We haven't received much of a response from Airwatch other than they're working on it. If you're experiencing it in MobileIron maybe its an OS level issue.

Hi Chris35,

I am running into same issue, can you please share how the faeture "connect on demand" works and how purevpn fixed the issue for you.