iMessage App shows installed in Store, but not found in App Drawer

Title says it all. Has anyone seen this issue, and figured out a solution to it?

I've had two people contact me that run into this issue, once with a free app, another is an actual buyer. And I saw this happen myself a few months ago. I thought maybe it was just because I was downloading an app I made myself (after it was live in the store) and somehow that scrambled things up, but now that I'm hearing from non-developers, obviously there's something more to it.

Replies

I think this could be because the app has been installed from the main app store rather than the imessage app store. In this case you need to go to the imessage store, manage and then toggle the app to 'enabled'.

I have seen this seeming to be the cause of a lot of sticker packs getting 1 star reviews on the store as people buy them and then can't locate them (obviously the creators of these are relying on the platform to do the right thing when someone purchases since they don't write any code themselves). I can understand not wanting to enable by default for cases where there is an imessage extension for a normal app (as otherwise you could end up with a load of clutter in the app drawer from stuff that has been installed indirectly), but for iMessage only content they should be enabled by default on install imo.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of merf Down vote reply of merf

Gosh, I hope thats not the case. Critical error on Apple's part if so. If you buy something, it needs to be enabled by default (whether from the App Store or iMessage Store). I guess I'll have to test this theory. Thanks, this definitely seems worth looking into.

Very serious problem with my app. Every time I update I get insane ammount of email from people being essentially locked out of using the app because of this, and the only solution is to hard reset the device.

Please file a bug report so that Apple take notice.