Timeout on Apple ID Login during new setup (iOS 9b2 -> Watch OS 2b1)

Hi.

iPhone 6 running iOS 9b2 pairing with Watch running Watch OS 2b1. I'm setting the watch up for the first time on Watch OS 2b1.

It pairs fine. I'm getting timeout errors when I log into my Apple ID during the setup phase. The watch has the fractal design on the screen and the phone is on the "Apple ID" screen with my apple ID email address and password. There is a spinning gear and the text "Verifying Apple ID". It times out after maybe 5 minutes.

I assume that the server isn't responding to requests for verification. The error given is "Could Not Sign In \n The connection to iCloud timed out."

But get this... I then click "skip this step" and the next screen is "Messages" setup with the same username/password. I enter and it accepts them and proceeds with the install/pairing. Weird.

Replies

Bump. Same issue here

I just got off the phone with support, and have a solution that worked for me. They had me sign out of Apple ID under settings and under iTunes & App Store on my iPhone. They then had me sign back into the account on my iPhone, and then try again to connect on the Watch App. It worked perfectly, and now fully signed into my Apple ID on the Watch. Hope that helps.

Not certain I follow? Just logout and log back into AppleId on your iPhone? Or was there two different locations you are trying to distinguish?

First log out of your Apple ID on your iPhone, and then back in on your iPhone. Then go to Watch App under General, and then under Apple ID and sign in. It worked for me. Hope it works for you.

I just tried this and I got the same timeout.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

One other thing I just remembered. When I went to the Apple ID website, it prompted me to change my password. It said something like my current password had expired, and required me to change it. I did this just before Apple Support had me to sign out of my account, and back in. I am not sure if that was the problem, or not. Just thought I would add this information in case your account too wants a password change. I also emply the two step verification method too. I appoligize for omitting this information until now. Hope that might be the missing link for your problem.

When it times out trying to sign into the apple id, there is an option at the bottom to skip the step. If you skip it it lets you continue setting it up. I just noticed this by dumb luck. Working on finishing the update now. Will report back soon.

Update : This worked!

The same here,

i tried the same with Logoff and Logon on the 6+ but i'm still getting timeouts.

Any other Ideas?

Attemptinmg Beta 2 install (assuming they will still sign it).

Then hopefully beable to update over the air.

Fingers Crossed!

I'll keep you posted.

I can confirm setting up through iOS8 Beta2 then uptating OTA to Beta3 will fix the cannot connect to server problem

Bump, I have the same problem Signing out and back in again didn't work for me :(

Same here