iOS 10.2 beta 3, touch id failed to activate

Hi, updated my iPhone 5S yesterday to ios 10.2 beta 3, after the update the touch id stopped working...

tried full reset, disabeling/enabelig siri, downgraded to 10.1.1, with and without siri, rebboted and tried to activate touch id but I allways get the "Filled to ctivate touch id on this iphone" message!!

It was working perfectly fine one minute, updated iOS and bye bye touch id? Very upset about this... Does anyone have a clue? did this happened to anyone else?

Thanks

Replies

Try How to fix Touch ID not working Launch Settings on your iPhone or iPad. Tap on Touch ID & Passcode. Enter your Passcode or Password. Toggle iTunes & App Store to OFF. Press the Home button to return to the Home screen. Reboot your iPhone or iPad. ( ... Enter your Passcode or Password at the Lock screen.

Thanks for the try, but the toggles are already off, and when I try to set them to on I only get a Failed, try again later message...

The same thing has happened to my iPhone 6s after installing 10.2.0-beta 3. My Touch ID stopped working. I am pretty sure it was working right after I installed but not certain. Definitely not working this morning 12 hrs later. I have completely wiped my phone and restored. Still broken.

I am also having this problem, also after updating to iOS 10 beta 3.

The touch ID stopped working the minute the phone booted up from installing the new OS and was working the second before I updated 😟

Let's hope beta 4 fixes it. I was about to do a hardware warranty claim but it sound like a software problem.

I've spoken to Apple tech support and they are taking my phone in for a free repair even though it's outside of warranty.

They have told me not to install the beta when I get my phone back, so they obviously believe it's that causing the issue, even though I did restore my phone, the beta does make changes to how Touchid works, perhaps it changes something at the firmware level that a restore doesn't change back.

Thanks for the update. That ***** it seems like it messed up firmware. I will take my phone in next week. I was just going to wait for the next beta. Something like this makes me want to opt-out of beta testing. I am ok with software crashes but if it is bricking firmware that is bad.

I am having exactly same issue with ios 10.3 beta 3 installed yesterday i wish i would have never updated. Today i downgraded to 10.2.1 still touch id isnt working exactly same issue failed to setup touch id and all if i turn on button i still get same message. Will call apple to ask for solution or repair as this is annoying. Losing touch id with one update :(

I have an iPhone 7 with 10.3 Beta 7. It was working 100% until it died... I charge it and it said "Touch ID Unable to Activate"

I have tried the following without sucess

1. Force Restart

2. Restore

3. Restore from Recovery

4. Restore from DFU Mode

5. Downgrading to iOS 10.2.1 (Non Developer)

Apple Support said it is hardware related yet it was working 100% before....

Same problem here... iPhone 6 e touch id failed to activate.

Did anyone ever resolve this issue (same with my iPhone 5s)?

I have the same issue. iphone 5s

So I did a bit of searching on the internet after all my ideas proved futile.

Found this. Haven't tested it out yet though.

http://www.martinchung.com/2016/10/solved-iphone-5s-unable-to-activate-touch-id-on-this-iphone-error/

I have a similar problem with my iPhone 7. When I unlock my phone, it doesn't accept my fingerprint. I think it is a bug that Apple needs to fix.

I have this same problem, just got off the phone to apple support and they claim that the beta software caused the hardware to fail and that I would have to cover the cost which is pretty rich all things considered. Anyone solved this problem??