macOS 10.12.2 Beta 2 - No Bluetooth

After updating to the beta 2, the bluethooth now says that it is unavailable. May have to revert back, Magic Keyboard and Trackpad do not work with being plugged in with a lightening cable.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Replies

So even after a reboot, the problem was still there. Odd thing is, I entered Time Machine to go back to the last backup earlier today, but decided to exit out of that to try a few things first, and now it is working just fine. Odd....

My bluetooth has been intermittent since I updated to 16C41b today. My network settings have been a mess too.

I'm experiencing the same thing with macOS 10.12.2 Beta (16C41b).

When I look at the Bluetooth section in System Information it reports "No information found."

I resolved this using the following steps. I don't think the first half helped but I'm including it for completion:

1) Attempted to reset the SMC on my iMac by powering off the computer. Unplugging it for 15 seconds, and restarting. I still didn't have Bluetooth.

2) Booting into Safe Mode (by holding down Shift when booting) and restarting again. This did fix the problem.

Yup, same issue here.

16C41b self installed while I was away. I attempted to wake my Mac in the normal way, tapping the trackpad, mouse or keyboard. None of which worked. I tapped the power button at the rear of the Mac and the screen came on but I could not see any cursor. No devices appeared to respond and I could not get past the login screen. I plugged each of the devices in and they still did not work. I hard rebooted the Mac by holding the power button but again I could not get the devices to respond. I again tried plugging my keyboard in via lightning and noticed that the Caps lock key / light was now responding, but without being able to click on the login icon I could not proceed. I plugged the trackpad in and this time it appeared to function, I was now able to login to my Mac only to discover that the bluetooth menu was showing bluetooth unavailable with a lightning bolt through the slightly greyed out icon (and no devices listed). Internet access was also unavailable either via Wi-fi or wired (after disabling wi-fi) so I could not see the details of the installed update not search for help. It tried some additional reboots with no change, tried booting into recovery mode with the intention of recovering from a time machine backup, but while there performed first aid on my disk - no major issues found. I attempted to use the internet browser and when clicking on the wi-fi icon and selecting my wi-fi network I was prompted that “local” keychain password was required with a prompt to enter a password. I have no idea what password was being requested here, certainly my wi-fi password nor iCloud passwords were accepted. I cancelled the menu and noticed I was already connected to wi-fi and browsing was working. I found this post on the dev forums regarding this beta release and the same issue. It sounded like a reboot after being in safe mode resolved the issue, so I restarted from recovery mode and everything appears to be back to normal. Most unsettling, but thank you to those who posted here 🙂

My MagicMouse has become very intermittent connection and bluetooth keyboard with new MacBook Pro 2016 and 10.12.2 Beta 3. Have tried an older mouse (with batteries) and still getting intermittent drops (lost connections) to bluetoogh keyboard and mouse.