Xcode 8.1 unable to connect to OS X Server

Hello,

When I try and add our Xcode 8.1 Server to my local installation of Xcode 8.1, I get the following error message:

Unable to perform the request. CFNetwork error: An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made. (-1200 - kCFURLErrorSecureConnectionFailed)

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

If I try the same process (using the same hostnames) on our build machine, Xcode is able to communicate with Xcode Server and I am able to add the server.

Accepted Reply

We are using the hostname, the build server is on another subnet and doesn't appear in the server list.

I fixed the problem by manually adding the certificate used by Xcode Server on port 20343 to the keychain of the local machine. That certificate is different than the one configured in OS X Server Certificates.

Replies

I fixed this by adding the server with its network name rather than just picking it from the list.

Steps:

1. Xcode Preferences > Accounts

2. Delete the server that you're having trouble connecting to

3. + Add Server

4. Do not select your server from the list. Instead enter the server network name in the field, for example: MyServer.local

5. Hit Next and sign into the server as usual.

We are using the hostname, the build server is on another subnet and doesn't appear in the server list.

I fixed the problem by manually adding the certificate used by Xcode Server on port 20343 to the keychain of the local machine. That certificate is different than the one configured in OS X Server Certificates.

How exactly did you do this? I seem to be having the same issue, and I copied over the com.apple.servermgrd certificate from my Xcode Server to my local machine, but that didn't seem to fix the issue.