What does "Currently being moderated." mean?

I wrote a reply to a question in a discussion. At the top, it says "Currently being moderated." and I believe the reply is not visible to the general public. Is this the case? Can anyone explain what "Currently being moderated." means, and if I have done something wrong, and, if so, what I can do to fix it?

Accepted Reply

I don't think you've done anything *wrong*; it most likely means your post included a link to a non apple.com site and they have to check to make sure you're not a spammer. Hopefully they won't take too long moderating. They just posted a bunch of threads from two weeks ago 😟

Replies

I don't think you've done anything *wrong*; it most likely means your post included a link to a non apple.com site and they have to check to make sure you're not a spammer. Hopefully they won't take too long moderating. They just posted a bunch of threads from two weeks ago 😟

I did include a link to a non-Apple site. Thank you!

One of my posts (https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/10243) is "Currently being moderated" for 4 days now. In the post I linked to an external page which I couldn't remove since the action button does nothing but show a spinning progress bar. Not cool.

You should use following notation to avoid "currently being moderated"

developer(.)apple(.)com(/)membercenter

It is not the solution.

Sure it is, but since there are any number of ways to break a url in a comment, it is just one.

The key word is 'break'. Blacklisted urls that function/not broken are prohibited.

h t t p s : / / www.lynda.com/iOS-tutorials/Taking-screenshots-iOS-Simulator/424041/446148-4.html

...is yet another. The burden is on the reader to make them functional. A broken url is the only way to succeed and share otherwise banned links here, so...

Apple dev center links are ok, as are stackover, which I guess is cleared since Apple engrs. seem to help out there more than here...I wonder if that has anything to do with how borked this forum package really is.