MFMessageComposeViewController Camera input iOS 10

My application allows the user to send a text message to a person. I am using MFMessageComposeViewController to display the message UI in my app. If the device is on iOS 9 or below the camera option is selectable and the user can attach images from the camer or their photo library. If the device is running iOS 10 then the camera button and the other two options (iMessage Apps and Tapp Button) is shown but tapping on it does nothing. Is this intended functionality or do I need to supply some extra fields to enable this for iOS 10. I have added the NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription and NSCameraUsageDescription to the application plist in case those were needed.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of loosegoose Down vote post of loosegoose
1.2k views

Replies

Now we've got iOS 11 and this issue is still present. So, will it be fixed in the next releases? Thank you.

Any update on this? I am seeing this today. Is it now dependent upon permissions?

In iOS 10 and higher use and URL schema like this

// Use alternate way to compose SMS messages with a URL that uses the sms scheme
[[UIApplication sharedApplication] openURL:[NSURL URLWithString:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"sms:%@",phone]] options:@{} completionHandler:nil];

hope it helps