Ios9 unable to pair with Watch OS 2

Anyone experience the watch hanging at the pairing screen after you select the orientation? I'm running beta 2 with Watch OS beta 1

Replies

MacRumors says that Apple pulled the Beta2 Watch update.

"Update: Apple has temporarily pulled watchOS 2 beta 2."

Best guess at this point is that Watch OS b1 only works with iOS 9 b1. Since you have updated to b2 for iOS, your watch can no longer pair until you are able to update it to b2.

If that's the case, then this is going to be an interesting problem to solve since I think that one can only upgrade a watch once it's successfully paired.

I'm on iOS 9 b2 with watchOS b1, it still works fine.

Maybe Apple turned the verification servers off after the update mistake (they'd accidentally enabled non-developer Watches to install the watchOS beta).

I reset my watch back to defaults and ran through setup again and it worked for me to fix this issue. The downside is that I STILL can't install b2 on the watch as Apple pulled it.

Yes! I am having that same issue too. I have tried re-installing the certificate several times but I just cannot get it to pair...

Have you tried resetting the watch to factory defaults and then pairing again? That worked for me.

I've tried pairing manually and it's back at factory defaults. Will not let me get past the "which wrist do you wear your watch on" screen.

Confirming this behavior in two watches. The Watch and the iPhone unPair right after selecting which wrist to wear on.

At this time I can only think about resetting the iPhone and try pairing again for diagnosis

Installed ios9b2 as my first ios9 beta install (I skipped beta 1) and the iPhone 6 plus won't pair with my WatchOS1.01 device. Not sure how they're gonna fix this, since this is an iPhone watch app issue, not a WatchOS2 issue. I understand the complexity of this stuff plus it's beta, but I'm disapointed this was released without any apparent basic function checking.

ditto - dies after "which wrist"

correct. Phone is iOS 9 B2 and watch is on OS 2 B1. unpaired at the moment. and by reset, do you mean restore? Like to Beta 1?

they both have to be on the beta software. If you have a phone that is running iOS 9, it won't pair with WatchOS 1.

If you go into Settings on the watch you can reset back to factory settings. Then you can delete the pairing on the iphone and start the pairing process over again. That solved this issue for me.

How would you update the watch to Watch OS2b2 if iOS 9 couldn't pair with Watch OS 2b?