Does AU Lab support AU v3?

I cannot seem to get AU Lab to see the FilterDemo v3 AU created by the Apple sample code in AU Lab. I can see it in Garage Band. I found some references to AU Lab not supporting v3 AUs, though it is almost shocking that an Apple test tool doesn't support AU v3. I looked for a later version of AU Lab but that is also frustrating (my version is 2.2.2).

So the question is simple - is there a version of AU Lab that does support v3 AUs, and if so, where can I find it?

If not, can someone recommend a good alternative? Using GarageBand or Logic Pro is really not what I want to do when I'm testing AudioUnits, especially when I want more free form routing.

Replies

AU Lab does not currently open audio unit extensions. I suggest filing a bug if having audio unit extension support in AU Lab is important to you. What makes the conversation interesting is then deciding how to provide a comparable iOS solution.

> it is almost shocking that an Apple test tool doesn't support AU v3...

Not almost, it _IS_ shocking and _VERY_ frustrating. AU v3 has been out for 1.5 yrs? Maybe make it open source?