Can anyone point me in the direction of the DiscRecording documentation?

Hi,

I'm using disc burning in an app and up until Xcode 8 there was documentation for items such as DRTrack and DRFolder. Now I can't find it in the offline docs and a search on the web doesn't turn up anything either. Searching on the Developer site just gives me a spinning wheel.

Does anyone know where I can find it nowadays?

I hope Apple aren't thinking of ditching optical media support!!

Todd.

Replies

I don't have an answer for you, but I can confirm that searching for DRTrack and DRFolder brings up nothing in the Xcode 8 documentation. A search for DiscRecording brought up the DiscRecording release notes. The release notes date back to 10.5, but they say the DiscRecording framework uses garbage collection, which has been abadnoned on the Mac.

You should look into AVKit and AVFoundation. Those are the current frameworks for dealing with video.

The header files are still available (type Command-Shift-O and search for "discrecording" or a specific class). The API reference was basically just a collation of the header files, and it didn't include all the keys for the various dictionaries anyway (AFAICR), so it was always necessary to go to the header files.

But you should submit a bug report. I've never seen any kind of deprecation or discouragement, so the legacy document probably just got overlooked in the shuffle.

Thanks Quincey,

Bug reported: