Re-use deleted app name

I deleted an old version of an app published in the app store by my company that was deveveloped by a developer who worked for us previously. He left us no information on how the app was signed and published. I thought we would run into problems just submitting a new version of the app because I didn't think the signing information would match so I deleted it. Now I want to re-use the previous app name to publish a more modern version of the app but I get a message telling me that my app name is already being used. The old app was not really very functional and was not ever used by anyone. It's my company's app and my company's app name, how can I re-use the app name?

Replies

You can't. Once you delete an app, you can never reuse the name. Everyone else will be free to use it (after a certain length of time?) but not you.

As chuck says, you can't. But that's only by the account in use when the app was deleted.

If you really wanted that name, you could buy/use another dev account, with another apple id, etc. and see if that name is available to it. If it is, make an app with that name, then transfer that app from the new account to your other account.