Xcode 8 on 10.12 codesign segmentation fault

I have a separate script that signs my embedded frameworks.

This was worked fine form 10.9 - 10.11.

On 10.12 I get a segmentation fault.

codesign --verbose --force --sign "$IDENTITY" "${FRAMEWORKS_LOCATION}/${FRAMEWORK}.framework/Versions/A"

18939 Segmentation fault: 11

Running the command outside of Xcode produces the same result.

Replies

I'm having the same issue. Any luck finding a "cure" for this?

I'm also having this issue ever since upgrading from 10.11.5 to 10.12 yesterday. I'll get one of two errors, which one seems to be random.

I'll either get that Segmentation fault: 11... Or I'll get an error complaining about ambiguous code sign certificates, and the two certificates it lists are actually the same certificate! If I delete the certificate, it complains about not being able to find it. But then when I add it to my login keychain, it complains about ambiguous certificates again.

This happens when codesigning in the terminal or from Xcode, in both Xcode 8.1 and Xcode 7.3.

Ok, I was able to get around both issues I was having by just regenerating the code signing certificate on the newly updated machine. Did 10.12 break old certificates?

I got both issues with a fresh new certificate, so it was not just about the certificate being old.

But I got around it by specifying the certificate by ID instead of name — first getting the ID via:

security find-identity -p codesigning

and, from the output of that, copying the long hex ID for the key I want, and pasting that into my codesign invocation:

sudo codesign -s 001CA54450805B2D8D1646793D0339BA7EB931D1 --timestamp=none /opt/local/bin/ggdb

Thanks for that idea. It worked for me, too.

That worked for me too! Thanks!

Many thanks! This worked for me

Replacing the certificate name by the hex ID did the trick.

Using --timestamp=none was not necessary.

Thanks a bunch, this really helped.