Xcode 8 source control does not show conflicts

After Xcode has updated to version 8.0 (8A218a), I have a problem pulling changes from git repository from Xcode only when some files are conflicted. We are all working on the same branch.

As long as there are no conflicts, everything works perfectly and I am able to commit, pull and push.

But I figured out that whenever we have a conflict in some of the files, Xcode is not showing conflicts anymore. It just closes the pull popup window without showing the conflict resolver window. No info or anything. I don't see the

Pull successful

message. And I can't push my commit (because changes are not pulled) getting the message:

Make sure all changes have been pulled from the remote repository and try again

I have tried pulling using terminal, but the conflicted file gets messed up with git messages showing mine and other people changes in the same conflicted file along those git messages. And the files that other people were working on are now shown as my own changes/additions.

I also tried updating git to the newest version, which is currently 2.10.0. No luck either.

So I end up deleting my copy and cloning the latest one and reapplying changes that i've made which is very annoying.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Replies

I have the save problem. It's annoying. A possible solution using the terminal is described here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39579893/xcode-8-source-control-does-not-show-conflicts

but that does not work for me.

We are having the same issue on a project with 5 developers. Anytime there are conflicts in the code, the conflict resolution scene does NOT show. If you go to the git status command you'll see the diffs.

I just looked at the release notes for 8.1 beta and it does not appear to be on Apple's radar so I submitted a radar bug report #28581384.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Looks like I might have been hit by this problem too, but we're using SVN.

I haven't seen a conflict resolution scene in the past couple of days and we just noticed that some previous changes (that were probably conflicting) were lost.

Switching back to commmand line SVN updates (instead of Xcode) for now.

Also sent a Radar to Apple, pointing to bcalkin2's Radar #28581384.

Having the same problem here - for days now...

same issue here with xCode Version 8.1 beta (8T29o). I filed Radar #28752431 as well, I hope Apple will fix it soon.

I am merging with standard git tools like a savage 🙂

Could perhaps be related to another issue that I see in Xcode 8 - with SVN using the ctl-alt-cmd-X short cut in order to see remote changes before updating simply updates without showing the dialog that's supposed to show changes

Any updates from Apple? Still having the problem. Anyone know if 8.1 beta 3 released October 10 fixed the problem?

NO it did not.

We are having massive issues on our team with this.

Actually a bug that causes our project timeline to get behind.

i have same issue and can't merge our project

Any Update on this?

We are facing the same issue. After merging code via source control, some of the code is missing. Its consuming lot of time.

Same issue here. No conflicts are shown, and doing "git mergetool" from terminal I have some error from Xcode:

Couldn't load '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/Library/Xcode/Specifications/Core Build System.xcspec'
Couldn't load '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/Library/Xcode/Specifications/Native Build System.xcspec

This also after a fresh install of Xcode

Xcode 8.2.1 and no fix. How can a bug like this get through tests and remain unfixed for half a year? I'm amazed.

I am facing the same issue since Xcode 8.0.The bug is still not fixed in the latest version Xcode 8.3.2.

Any update on the bug. Any workaround instead of resolving conflicts through terminal.