12 Replies
      Latest reply on Oct 9, 2019 9:12 AM by Iwwnattoviewthefcukginresutls
      Henriqueark Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi Guys!

I`m having problem with UI Testing, using XCode 7.3.

expression produced error: /var/folders/fn/v9qbg2dn1c5b_s_yxxh31qg80000gp/T/lldb/99599/expr24.swift:1:53: error: 'XCUIElement' is not a member type of 'XCTest'

I have a main View with a (TableView and a View with a button). When I click in a cell at the TableView, it will refresh with some content in the View.

It crashs when I click in another cell and (after refreshing the View content) try to press the button.

This happens only when i try using UI Testing. Normally, the app works like a charm.

Someone had the same problem?

Thanks!

• Re: 'XCUIElement' is not a member type of 'XCTest'
          Henriqueark Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Maybe that`s the problem, but I don't know what to do

file:///%3Cunknown%3E: test failure: -[ProductUITest testResgateProdutoSemSKU()] failed: UI Testing Failure - Failure getting snapshot Error Domain=XCTestManagerErrorDomain Code=9 "Error -25204 getting snapshot for element <AXUIElement 0x7b141df0> {pid=32577}" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Error -25204 getting snapshot for element <AXUIElement 0x7b141df0> {pid=32577}}

damien.gavard Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem here with Xcode 8.0 (8A218a)

expression produced error: /var/folders/pv/5jlpdzzn3p55w0ynccpt8x500000gn/T/lldb/37283/expr139.swift:1:53: error: 'XCUIElement' is not a member type of 'XCTest'
            $__lldb__DumpForDebugger(Swift.UnsafePointer<XCTest.XCUIElement>(bitPattern: 0x119244860).memory)
                                                         ~~~~~~ ^
            /var/folders/pv/5jlpdzzn3p55w0ynccpt8x500000gn/T/lldb/37283/expr139.swift:1:45: note: while parsing this '<' as a type parameter bracket
            $__lldb__DumpForDebugger(Swift.UnsafePointer<XCTest.XCUIElement>(bitPattern: 0x119244860).memory)

The file expr139.swift content is :

huangjieyc Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I got the same problem in my automation test. I am using the xcode version 8.0(8A218a)

I always get the error as below and the object that be printed by debugdescription could not be access through code

xpression produced error: /var/folders/g5/wwmlnjw90432hmd_fls8q0fdwqlkkf/T/lldb/1342/expr30.swift:1:53: error: 'XCUIApplication' is not a member type of 'XCTest'

$__lldb__DumpForDebugger(Swift.UnsafePointer<XCTest.XCUIApplication>(bitPattern: 0x104d88890).memory)

~~~~~~ ^

/var/folders/g5/wwmlnjw90432hmd_fls8q0fdwqlkkf/T/lldb/1342/expr30.swift:1:45: note: while parsing this '<' as a type parameter bracket

$__lldb__DumpForDebugger(Swift.UnsafePointer<XCTest.XCUIApplication>(bitPattern: 0x104d88890).memory)

^

huangjieyc Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

does anyone know the solutions? the same code can run successfully in xcode 7.3.1. however, it could not run now in 8.0

NTV Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same problem in XCode 8

expression produced error: /var/folders/25/9_sb609576jcmgdbqt553ps08n5b5c/T/lldb/43074/expr40.swift:1:53: error: 'XCUIElement' is not a member type of 'XCTest'
                  $__lldb__DumpForDebugger(Swift.UnsafePointer<XCTest.XCUIElement>(bitPattern: 0x116a0b940).memory)
                                                               ~~~~~~ ^
                  /var/folders/25/9_sb609576jcmgdbqt553ps08n5b5c/T/lldb/43074/expr40.swift:1:45: note: while parsing this '<' as a type parameter bracket
                  $__lldb__DumpForDebugger(Swift.UnsafePointer<XCTest.XCUIElement>(bitPattern: 0x116a0b940).memory)

rahul.vaidya Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Receiving the same error in XCode Version 8.2.1 (8C1002).

If any one has found a solution to this, Please reply!

expression produced error: /var/folders/6x/zkx6q8_x0nb7tngb6f8dtb300000gp/T/lldb/2531/expr14.swift:1:53: error: 'XCUIElement' is not a member type of 'XCTest'

$__lldb__DumpForDebugger(Swift.UnsafePointer<XCTest.XCUIElement>(bitPattern: 0x11cd576e0).memory)

~~~~~~ ^

/var/folders/6x/zkx6q8_x0nb7tngb6f8dtb300000gp/T/lldb/2531/expr14.swift:1:45: note: while parsing this '<' as a type parameter bracket

$__lldb__DumpForDebugger(Swift.UnsafePointer<XCTest.XCUIElement>(bitPattern: 0x11cd576e0).memory)

mhassan Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I had a very similar issue only when I try to print test related objects at the debugger prompt

(but it works normally If I just run the test and don't breakpoint with the debugger)

(I'm using Xcode 8.2.1)

for example:

I set a breakpoint just after this line:

let app = XCUIApplication()

and then try

(lldb) po app

expression produced error: error: /var/folders/y0/1ghrk5gn4911s6kwq6n1ny8w0000gn/T/./lldb/2506/expr33.swift:1:72: error: 'XCUIApplication' is not a member type of 'XCTest'

Swift._DebuggerSupport.stringForPrintObject(Swift.UnsafePointer<XCTest.XCUIApplication>(bitPattern: 0x1214213b0)!.pointee)

~~~~~~ ^

but when I check debugDescription, it works

(lldb) po app.debugDescription

"Attributes: Application 0x608000176500: {{0.0, 0.0},

then surprisingly, the same command that failed above works now successfully!

(lldb) po app

Attributes: Application 0x608000176500: {{0.0, 0.0}, {375.0, 667.0}}

I don't understand why, but it seems a workaround.

neondm Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I had the same issue, but when I change device on which test run then everything works. I have Xcode 8.3.3 (8E3004b), and I tried to run a test on iOS 10.3.2 (14F89) and on it the same error occurs, but on iOS 10.3.1 (14E304) everything works fine.

VictorF Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi guys , so did anyone managed to make this work ?